23 and breathing.


H O M E
recent posts →
omit the 'good'.
October 21, 2012

For the first time, I felt the blood pumping to my heart stop.
I felt my feet grow cold; I felt my lungs collapse.
I tried reading behind your expression about a thousand times,
wondering why you chose the path you did; but the decision had already been made,
and there was nothing I could do to change your mind.

The smoke curled and danced,
creating layers and layers of thick white over your lips, like a mask.
I couldn't explain the grey curtains behind your eyes.
There was no sun setting, there was no fall that indicated all this was ending.
My mind felt troubled. Had I been beguiled by you all this time?

I swallowed and said bye.
There was no 'good' before the 'bye'.
There was nothing, because it was no where near good.
I couldn't say 'badbye', either. Goodbyes are overrated,
but then again, maybe we were too, just as much.

layout by ellie. image from weheartit.