feel.
August 26, 2015
feel
fēl
verb
experience (an emotion or sensation)."I felt a sense of excitement"
Three years ago, I started growing apart with someone I care about.
I must have realized it somehow, but I must have realized it as though it were a breeze because I never heard the thunder until a few weeks ago.
I always assumed that things would never change. But I now know that life is such that it is always throwing you variables. There is no such thing as a constant occurrence or a fixed person.
I have never been one to say I "need" someone or I "want" someone. It's always been neutral with me, and I've always accepted that people will come and go.
But that does not mean I do not feel.
When people slam their doors on me, I feel.
When I haven't heard a familiar voice for some time, I feel.
I feel intensely.
Of course, words can only say so much. I express my needs and my wants through the things that I am physically capable of doing; being there when times get rough, being present when there's no one around.
I don't verbally express it, but I feel.
As you started shunning me in exchange of random thoughts that you simply assumed,
I felt. It hurt as though I were stabbed.
As you started replacing me like some sort of recyclable material,
I felt. It still hurts as though you told me why.
I have never been one to say I "need" someone or I "want" someone. It's always been neutral with me, and I've always accepted that people will come and go.
But that does not mean I do not feel.
When people slam their doors on me, I feel.
When I haven't heard a familiar voice for some time, I feel.
I feel intensely.
Of course, words can only say so much. I express my needs and my wants through the things that I am physically capable of doing; being there when times get rough, being present when there's no one around.
I don't verbally express it, but I feel.
As you started shunning me in exchange of random thoughts that you simply assumed,
I felt. It hurt as though I were stabbed.
As you started replacing me like some sort of recyclable material,
I felt. It still hurts as though you told me why.