the world.
October 14, 2015
It is filled with people who laugh at my jokes, even though I do not make many.
It is filled with people who do not doubt me, and ask before they assume.
It is filled with hands that pat my back when I am down,
and it is filled with anchors that don't sink my boat.
Previously, I had to be the one who lifted up the weak.
My world was not made to waste precious time.
It is filled with those who have enough strength to pull themselves through,
those who seek advice when they are in dire need,
those who give-and-take as opposed to take-and-take.
My world is occupied.
I will not place attractive substitute awards for the sake of my shelves gleaming with gold,
for my world is full of people who know their true worth,
and my heart is full of the stories they've told.
My world is pure.
It does not have cupboards that have space for lipstick, short skirts, and other material items.
It does not seek the attention of the eyes of men who want to rip my clothes off of my body.
It does not put lust and reckless desires before those who need me.
My world is full of joy.